Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fun times

This last Sunday my wife, my mother-in-law, my father-in-law, and I went to the Nashville Zoo with some good friends of mine. We met Carter and his family along with Darren and his family.





After meeting up at the front of the park we all set out to look at some animals. Carter and Katie brought a wagon for their kids, but let Elijah use it too. That was very nice of them.




It was great seeing Elijah have fun with the older children. They really played nicely with our little guy. It was especially great considering Elijah is so much smaller and slower. We did fall behind a few times, but Elijah had a great time just wondering around the paths looking at grass and speakers and stuff. I still don't think he is at the age where he notices the big animals, but he had a great time.


We stopped for lunch at one of the best stocked park cafeterias I have seen. They had a lot of different choices for us vegetarians. After lunch the older kids wanted to spend the rest of the day playing at the playground that was on site. Brandy and I had no problem with that since we were there for Elijah anyway. He (we) had a great time in the play area. There is this large padded room that toddlers can just run around in. Elijah got to play with a lot of new little friends. Elijah and I went down this very tall slide that was at the top of the main play structure in the play area. A small four year old asked me not to "run him over....because I am only 4 and you will hurt me". Cute kid.

It was a great day all around. Thanks again to all the older kids. They helped make it the great day that it was.

-Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to the zoo is one of my favorite things to especially when Nashville weather is good.

Lordfoh said...

good times. let's do it again. farns can come too.